Translate

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Dreary Sunday Turn-Around

I don't do well on overcast, dreary days. I always thought that I was immune to such "nonsense" that lack of sun can affect your mood or disposition. I always thought that I was "bigger" than that; who gives in to such a thing??? Not me. Well, then again, yes me. Today was just such a day in central Illinois. And, yes, I did read about the snow storm covering the east coast, but never mind that; I am here under a windy, blustery, cold, overcast rainy day, and right after lunch, and up until 2:30, I was under the covers hoping the day would just go away. But then, I had one ace in my pocket, if I could motivate and muster the energy to get up and out the door to attend an afternoon concert on the campus of Illinois Westley University which was titled, "Love Songs Over All the Earth...Unifying Humanity through Music, Poetry and Art. Well, I got myself there and oh, the joy of it all!
The program talked about the extraordinary powers of music to calm;to shape emotions; to perswade our minds and hearts to beauty's end. When we add the universal and supremely powerful emotions of Love to the extraordinary persuasive power of Music, we have a potent mix to which virtually everyone can respond.
Songs of love were played by the most wonderful violinist I have ever heard, with piano accompaniment, while different masterpieces by famous artists were featured from overhead projector. Along with this, there was a vocalist and poetry readings, all with the theme of love.  Love drew me in; the music soothed my soul and the day turned out well.

No comments: