Translate

Monday, September 22, 2008

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A picture perfect day here in Central Illinois where I have already been out to gather our ripe tomatoes that my husband and I will "put up" and perserve for the coming winter. There is nothing like the fresh taste of tomatoes in chili, speghetti, and other tomato dishes throughout the cold winter months. The frost is not yet on the pumpkin, but it is getting closer as I enjoy cool crisp mornings. The geese are flying, already feeling the chill of early frost, and the coming winter. I am always a little envious of these flying geese, and wonder why I too cannot just up and fly to a warmer climate. I guess in the overall plan of nature, we did not get everything, did we!!! In the meantime, we will remain here in the midwest, perhaps to live and survive on our farm out in the country if the economy continues to "go south" with the birds. We are already envisioning a very large garden, and wood enough to keep us warm. It has a nice nastalgic ring to it, but then again... 

1 comment:

Blog of Innocence said...

Gretta,

Your thoughts conjure up pictures in my mind of Fall and the Central Illinois landscape. You have a Thoreauean aptitude for describing yourself and nature and the "earthy" qualities of life. Lovely.

Chris