Translate

Sunday, October 5, 2008

October 5, 2008

Today, Mike and I helped to move our daughter and significant other to a new home in St. Joseph, Illinois, a small midwest town 20 minutes from the  home of the University of Illinois. As I was driving there with my car packed to the roof, I was wondering about the name of the town...St. Joseph. Having grown up Catholic, I do not remember a Saint Joseph, so I was curious about the name of this town. Of course, I knew that Joseph was the father of Jesus so I guess, St. Joseph fits. But when I looked this up on the Internet, I was also surprised to find that statues of St. Joseph sell like hot-cakes when you are trying to sell your house. As the legend goes, since the 1970ies, burying a St. Joseph statue upside down in your back yard while trying to sell you home, works like, well like magic. So as my husband and I slid home after moving day with aching muscles and limbs, we felt happy that if my daughter and her beau want to sell their home in St. Joe...well, they just might have a "leg up." And we also agreed that we were going to be out of town on the day of the next move!

No comments: