Translate

Thursday, October 9, 2008

October 9, 2008

Today was a day for doctor checkups, and a flu shot. I feel so fortunate that I can go and get these things, and that I have good reliable doctors. How many people in this country do not have this luxury, I am wondering, and also hearing about. So many things I take for granted; things that I just expect to be there for me, or just show up in my life. At times, I do question how I got to be so fortunate. I was part of a class at the college where I work the other day where students were deciding on goals, and three people struck me over the head with the goals they had vs. goals that I would have. One wanted a car just to get around, and get to school and work; another person wanted to find a person to date that was not on drugs, or had been in jail, and also one who had a valid drivers licence altho, given the other two, she was willing to forgo this one. The third one wanted the means to move out of his mama's house which he could notimagine being possible in the near future. Just how far out of touch am I from what so many Americans are faceing these days, I wonder. I am trying to stay grounded and in touch. 

1 comment:

Bekah said...

this definitely does give you perspective. I'm enjoying your blog!