Translate

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall is certainly in the air today, beginning with wet dew on an  early morning chill. Mike is off early to help with the harvesting of corn and soybeans out on the farm, and I have the luxury of sleeping in late, reading the newspaper over a good cup of coffee and then deciding what to do with my day. Ah, such a joyous luxury with infinite amounts of choices, some more enticing than others. I could, for example, clean out a closet or rake some leaves in the yard, or make some soups to freeze, or continue the good book I am reading, or go shopping to begin the never-ending search for just the right present for Christmas that doesn't cost too much. Or I could do the load of laundry that is sitting in my laundry room, or call a friend and chat.....or get out my second novel to continue work on the next chapter, or make some of my cards which I love to do. So many possibilities, so little time. What I will certainly have to do is make a good dinner for tonight for my weary husband who will be sitting on a tractor or combine all day going back and forth through the fields. The least I can do! But in the meantime, I will snail through this day at my leisure, trying to enjoy every minute...it may not come again! 

1 comment:

Blog of Innocence said...

Gretta, every time you write I feel like I am sitting right there beside you. Did you know I'm following your blog now on blogger? That means every time you post something I'll know about it. I can't wait to read you book!