Translate

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe how long it has been since I last wrote on my Blog...today is July 5th, 2009 so a very long time indeed. But, after reading my last entry, I can easily segway (?) into today as being one much like the last I wrote about....I have lots of time to do whatever I wish after a whirlwind weekend with "the little people" here for the 4th of July festivities, picnics, park visits, fireworks etc. etc. etc. But alas, none of this happened yesterday as it poured rain all day. Our little five year old Sara was hugely disappointed; our two year old Ben content to just blow the horn his father bought him at Borders. Yes, we celebrated inside instead of outside blowing horms, banging on drums, screaming, putting on plays, food flying (Ben), jumping off couches with loud thuds (Sara and Ben), two T.V.s going with "Spot the Dog" for Ben and "Aladin" for Sara, the arrival of Michelle and Scott who wanted to eat by 5:30, no later, so chop, chop to get going with hamburgers, home-make potato salad, fresh green beans, salad, baked beans, pickled cucumbers (Gretta's), and birthday cake for Kerri, made and decorated with much involvement by Sara. We ended our festivities by watching the Washington D.C. 4th of July celebration and were reminded once again of why we have this celebration in the first place. And if we were disappointed by the rain ruining our 4th of July, we were turned around by the thought of all the people who have had their lives inconvenienced by helping to keep our country free, and we went to bed more appreciative, more content and more grateful for our lives and our country. And now, on to today, where I will enjoy my deck soaking up some of the sun that we were looking for yesterday.

No comments: