Translate

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 8, 2009
The picture below (click on picture to enlarge) is another one taken of our yard with the lovely day lilies, and all the lush foliage after so much rain here in the Midwest. We love the looks of the place, but, ah...so much rain! Yesterday, I talked about some of the things that bring joy to my life. But, alas, I think that I left out the whole subject of food which brings great pleasure to my life, along with a good glass of wine. Last week, my sister Maureen Conlan (an artist on many fronts including food creations) served up a wonderful pasta dish that I want to share with all of you. (So simple but so good!) I don't remember what she called it but we ate it with so much pleasure, we didn't care what it was called. She took fresh tomatoes from the store and chopped them; fresh basil from our garden, chopped ; pine nuts from my frig,browned; fresh crumpled blue cheese from the store, and mixed it all with penne type pasta., topped with parmasaine (sp?) cheese.We had a fresh salad with greens from our garden, french bread from "Bread &Co.", a good Chardonnay from the bottle and voila... a delicious moment in time. So my quote for the day is: "I will sin until I blow up." I don't recall who said this but it is apropos here. In today's entry, I have also included a link to a young lady who is a relative of mine who, with a friend, has created a food Blog. Erin grew up with a gourmet cook for a mother and has learned at her mother's knee, so to speak, and also added her own tastes and creations. Her Blog is called Forks and Amusement and the address is below. If you love good food, you won'b be sorry you checked out her Blog. I have chatted enough for this a.m. I have now made myself hungry with all this talk of food, and am headed downstairs to my kitchen to see what I can whip up.

No comments: