Translate

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Do you ever have days that feel like this? There was a time when I did not understand modern art very well, but as I live more and more in this somewhat bizarre and troubled world, I think that artists like Pablo Picasso have depicted modern culture quite well. I can identify today with this painting of the Spanish Woman in Blue because today, this is just how I feel....blue, confused, out of form, isolated, as was Picasso when he painted this of Francoise Gilot, and troubled as this lady appears to be. This gal certainly shows a sense of anxiety in her eyes. That one eye is painted yellow instead of black might be hopeful,  but today, that concept would be a stretch for me.  I don't know if that was the intent of the artist, that bad is always balanced with good...one can only dream. For me, this  painting seems to be in flow; in flux without a sense of groundedness which again, I can relate to today.Yes, this painting has meaning for me as I struggle with some life issues that perhaps plague us all. Today I relate to the Spanish Lady in Blue by Pablo Picasso and hope for a better day ahead, perhaps the kind of day that Wordsworth wrote about in his poem, "Daffodils."

No comments: