Translate

Friday, August 20, 2010

I am very excited to tell all of my readers about a Web Site created by several wonderful women writers in Cincinnati, Ohio, including my sister Maureen Conlan, that can be found at http://www.writers-resource-cafe-com/ If you love to write, as I do, this is the place not only to enjoy writing ideas from the many prompts they recommend, but also to find a plethora of ideas about writing in all kinds of media: poems, essays, short stories and novels. They have tips on how to get published; how to enjoy writing more; how to develop characters etc. and just about everything that goes into writing today. Along with all of this wonderful information are examples of writing from these four experts. My sister is also an artist, and you can find some of her beautiful art at the top of some of the writing pieces. You can also submit some of your own writing and create your own Blog page on this site. This is good stuff, for sure, and should be enjoyed and shared by all writers, serious or otherwise, today. A short poem of mine that was picked up on this site with the prompt of "lillies delivered to your door without a signiture" was this:

Lillies at my door
Who are they for?
No name
What a shame
I'm allergic to flowers
They make me sneeze
So, what to do?
In lieu of taking them in
Give them to my neighbor
In twenty-two B
And say they're from me
Oh yeah! I like that idea.

I have some additional entries on this site as well, several other poems and one short story called The Homecoming if you are interested in reading them.

No comments: