Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2010


I am so often thinking about the yin and yang of life; the ups and downs; the joys and the sorrows; the good and the bad, and always come back to the idea that there is a pattern to all that exists in our universe. There are so many wise words around this concept; that when a door closes, a window opens; that one must travel through the darkness to get to the light etc. and it seems to be true, but darn it, I don't always like it. Oh that life could be easier without so many heartaches. Doesn't it just make you so mad at times! And I get a little tired of hearing about all the life lessons I am learning as I struggle along with difficult situations. I want to scream some days that I get it; no more life lessons, and for heavens sake, I am old enough now to have learned most of them. Give me a break. But, I have found, even though life does give us "breaks" now and then, they don't last. Right now, I am in the "valley" with several painful situations which seem to be overwhelming and all consuming. What helps me is to remember this idea of the yin and yang of life, and that someday, perhaps maybe not soon, that window will open and the sun will shine.

2 comments:

MindOverColor said...

Thank you for writing the yin and yang. I feel the same way so many times. I hate closing doors to see the open window. Life should not have to be so hard, but it can be.

((hugs))
Teia

Gretta said...

Thanks Teia; I know you "get" it!